So here I sit, typing away on my laptop at the local coffee shop, starting my second full week of my “new adventure.”
For those of you who have asked and wondered, it was not totally my idea to leave – I did not leave to take a new job or with a new plan in mind… that is what makes this a true adventure – I have absolutely no idea what I am doing, where I am going, or what is going to happen next.
Here is what I do know, however:
- The art and craft community is where my heart is and where I belong.
- Making art, teaching, and inspiring others is where my passion lies and during those times do I feel the most alive and the most like myself… it isn’t work. It is sheer bliss.
- God will not let me fall – I have faith that this is all happening for a reason and that I am meant to do something more, something better, something bigger.
- I am terrified.
- I am supported by a fabulous and wonderful husband, my sweet children, and all of the rest of my family and friends. I don’t know how I will ever thank any of them or you for your support.
- I need to get into a routine. I need a routine – wake up at a specific time, with a task list, a schedule, and things to do. Without that, I am floundering. I haven’t meditated in days. Laundry is piled up even though I am home. I am unsure of what I am doing each day. So, today I start with a schedule or at least defining one.
- I will come out on the other side of this stronger, smarter, and happier.
Now, all of that said, I have ideas and plans – lots of them. It is time to start to sort them out, figure out a plan of attack and a strategy so that I can move forward.
Today is day one – today I start over.