Well. It is over. 2011 has come and gone and now it is already the third day of 2012.
Here is where I land on 2011.
I think that sums it up. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t stellar either. My word for the year was “soar.” And while, at times, I felt I started to soar higher, I often leveled off and then soared back to normal levels. What I have found in picking my word for the year, is that if there is a passive or negative version or definition of that word, that is how it tends to apply to my life for that year. So while “soar” has great definitions and connotations, I lived the part that is more like gliding along… rather than actively soaring to new heights.
With that in mind, I am still deciding what my word will be for 2012, or if I will do a word at all, or if a quote or phrase might not be better… I will decide, hopefully, in the next day or so. Until then, however, here are some grateful bits that I have from 2011…
- My family is amazing and truly makes me feel loved.
- My boys are growing, healthy, happy, and smart.
- Matt is settled in his job, is enjoying his new bowling buddies, and finally seems happier about our move north of the cheddar curtain.
- I got to meet some amazing new people this year and got to hang out with some great friends.
- My friends are supportive and great listeners and I love you all dearly.
- I got to create fun crafty goodness, as well really start to have fun in the kitchen cooking away and enjoying some fun foodie moments.
- I laughed – a lot. I cried less than I laughed.
- I played with the boys and watched them have an amazing summer at the pool every day with summer camp.
- I started bowling with Matt – honestly I am still on the fence with this one as I suck at bowling, but I do enjoy that we are doing something fun together.
- I started to take pride in being the oddball that I am and stopped always second guessing myself – I still do, but with each passing year, I am starting to just be me more and more.
I am sure the list is much much much longer than this, but this is a good quick list of the stuff that matters most.
I hope you had a great holiday season and that 2012 is a great year for all of us!
Happy New Year and hello 2012!!!!!
Breast Cancer Walk