Yup… More tomatoes. This time, cherry tomatoes. You could also use grape tomatoes if you have those, too. Either works perfectly well, I just happened to grow the cherry variety.
This is my summer party go-to staple salad dish, because it is simple and easy and you can make more or less without any issues at all.
Steph’s Fave Summer Salad (for 2)
- 1 small cucumber peeled and diced
- about 15-20 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 oz. of mozzarella cheese – either pearls or block that you dice. (I prefer pearls, but if your store doesn’t carry them, then block cheese diced works just fine)
- 1/4 white or purple onion, diced
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 t. Italian seasoning – I know, dried herbs, really? But trust me on this one, it’s good.
- about 1 T of olive oil – now, put a little in to start and if you feel like you need more, add a bit more. It just needs to lightly coat your mix, not drench it, so start small.
Chop, dice, add, and mix. This is another one that is better after a few hours in the fridge. It makes a great salad for a potluck or for a quick lunch with some almonds on the side.
Have I mentioned tomato season is a favorite of mine?