Yesterday got away from me before it even began. With a list longer than my arm, Matt’s arm, and the boys’ arms all together, it became very clear it would not all get done.
Lunch, cooked by me, however was not an option. We go through this ebb and flow of eating out and eating in (which I much prefer since I can control what goes into the food). The few days leading up had been a lot of eating out, so I knew it was time to put a meal together for the boys that was better for them and for me, too.
So – Sunday Stir Fry was what we had for lunch! Quick, easy, and healthy.
Sunday Stir Fry
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts – cubed
- 1 1/2 cups spinach
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 T canola or veg oil
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flake (optional)
- soy sauce
- hot sauce (optional)
- Season your chicken.
- Heat up your wok or non-stick skillet – empty – until it is hot and ready to go.
- Add oil and quickly add chicken – watch for the splatter and be careful.
- Cook 5 minutes or so until chicken is cooked through.
- Add in carrots, celery, onion, and peas. Add small itty bitty pinch of salt.
- Once cooked down a bit – about 2-3 minutes – add in garlic and spinach to wilt. Remove from heat.
- Put over rice.
- 3 cups brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
Follow package directions.