Well, as you can tell, blogging fell by the wayside for the holidays.
I haven’t blogged in a month and a lot has happened in that month…
- We all got the ick… and it has stayed and not left us yet. It is icky ick that sticks. I feel a Dr. Seuss book in there somewhere.
- We enjoyed Christmas with our families
- We celebrated New Years
I guess that is really it, but it felt crazy busy. Maybe my icky haze just slowed everything down – I am not sure.
So let me look back on 2010… My word was Awesome. I have been going back and forth, debating, was it truly awesome or did I once again pick the wrong word to describe the year. Then I read a book with Jacob yesterday. A Berenstain Bears book to be exact – all about counting your blessings. I did that. You decide – was it awesome or not…
- Matt got a great job 10 minutes fom home.
- Owen started 1st grade, made new friends, is reading like a fire has been lit under him (recently completing Diary of a Wimpy Kid), and has just grown so big and makes my breath catch every time I see him.
- Jacob started 4K and is just loving making new friends. He’s been to his first ever birthday parties for friends and is beginning to blow my mind with what he already has learned and what he knows.
- I finished the years 17 pounds lighter than I started it. Not quite where I wanted to be, as I indulged (heavily) throughout the holidays, but still pretty good.
- I hung chandeliers in my craft room – I promise – once the mess is cleaned up, I will share pics
- I got to install 3 gardens in 3 cool cities for community gardening projects through work.
- I attended 2 CHA shows where I got to hang out with all of my best friends – laughing, drinking, eating, and crafting until the wee hours of the morning.
- I attended crafty-inspirational events that are mind-bogglingly amazing.
- My kid sister moved much closer to home and I have been able to see her more than I have in years.
- My kid brother made a trip to Milwaukee and got to see our house for the first time on his way back home.
- I celebrated another birthday, as did Matt, the boys, my mom, my dad, my grandpa, my sister, my brother, and Matt’s family. That’s a big deal in my book.
- We celebrated our 11th anniversary.
- We enjoyed a trip to Chicago together.
- We laughed together as a family – a lot.
- We played games.
- We took photos.
- We made memories.
- I got to visit the kids’ classrooms.
- I still get kisses when I drop them off at school – every time.
- I still get I Love Yous every day from boys that are growing much too fast.
- I gardened with my kids at a food pantry garden – they loved it and learned about giving back.
- I became a Master Gardener.
- I taught people to let go and make a mess and be creative the way they can.
- I made a new friend.
- I reached out to a lost friend.
- I sang in my car at the top of my lungs at a stop light without caring about the person next to me, in front of me, or in the other lanes.
- I taught my boys some sign language.
- I ate amazing food at some truly amazing restaurants – usually with the best friends a girl could ask for.
- I told people I loved them and that I missed them.
- I made a wish – or 50 – without shame or regret.
I could keep going, but I think that 30 is a good start.
So, was that an awesome year?